WHO aM i?
That is a very deep existential question that has many answers.
Practically speaking, my name is Lowell Chilton. Some people call me David, since that's my first name and I used it primarily until recently. I go by "chiltie" on the internet, you can find me on XBOX Live, Facebook, and Twitter with that name. I used to work for Microsoft in the XBOX group. I'm studying ministry at Seattle University's School of Theology and Ministry and Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary and I'm a candidate for ordained ministry in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
That gives you information, but doesn't really tell you who I am.
- First and foremost I am a child of God.
- My ecclesiastical background is ELCA Lutheran and this shapes and molds my discussions of religion.
- I am ecumenical at heart and my friendships range the ideological spectrum.
- I fully embrace technology, science, and culture.
- I like to write, sometimes I'm decent at it.
- I sometimes get to preach.
- I sometimes write about the intersection of religion and science or religion and culture or all three. I hope to write about this more in the future.
- I grew up in the American South--South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee. I've lived on the west coast of the US for most of the last decade.
- "Y'all" is one of my favorite words. I have strong opinions on the grammar of "y'all" and how it is spelled.
- Also grits.
I hope to have fun posting my thoughts on here, and I hope y'all have fun reading them.